Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day Love

Today is Mothers Day. A day of thanks to our Mothers, Grandmothers and Mother In-laws.
I'd like to share with you the wording of a card I bought my Mama this year for Mother's Day. (Yes, bought... I was a bit short of time this week, however I made up for it by preparing a high tea spread for them, we had a ball). I hope you and your mothers had a wonderful day. Enjoy the poem, it meant a lot to Mama and I at this time.

My Mother, My Friend
To have a friend in your mother
is to know the greatest friendship of all.

As the years have come and gone,
our relationship has changed
and we've come to share
more things with one another...
A deeper understanding
and a special kind of friendship
few people can imagine
with their Mother.

We share a certain openness
and willingness to listen...
We share so many
common interests too...
And everything in life
is more enjoyable for me
because of all we share...
because of you.

Happy Mothers Day.

love, peace & trees
Sammie xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment